As most of you know, I some time ago created a Facebook page, also entitled Positive and Promise, to correspond with this blog. At first it functioned primarily as a place for me to post updates whenever I had published a new piece, here or elsewhere. I also began to share the excellent work of other writers.
I’m continuing all of the above, but I want to expand the page’s purpose. I love Twitter’s gift economy ethos, and I would like to, in as many ways as I can, carry that over to the Positive and Promise Facebook page. I’m posting more frequently now, sharing writing and other cultural tidbits that are generally tied to feminist culture. My hope is that the page will become a space for conversation. I want to use it to brainstorm specific pieces that I need to draft, but, beyond that, I envision it as another safe space for us to talk amongst ourselves.
So, what might you see on the page? Well, here is a sampling:
– Personal essays by women and gender non-conforming persons
– Articles relevant to feminist and LGBTQ culture
– Fashion posts, especially if there is a feminist or intellectual twist
– Victoriana, because I worship at the alter of the 19th Century
– Music by fabulous female/gender non-conforming artists
– Pieces that focus on sex-positive and sex worker issues and culture (think titsandsass.com)
– Articles on mental health
But really, this barely begins to cover it, and if there is, say, an article, music video, or film that you want to think through, just holler, and I’ll post it (although I do of course reserve the right to curate the page and monitor the comments). I’m excited! Are you excited?
Here is the link to the page: https://www.facebook.com/positiveandpromise. I hope you’ll join us and tell your friends!